Jesus Thoughts …
“Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.” (1 Timothy 6:12)
Here are six proven Bible strategies for defeating the enemy when he comes against you:
- Think aggressively. “Fight the good fight of faith … to which you were … called.” Plan and calculate like a general preparing for battle; study how to engage and defeat your enemy the devil.
- Pray aggressively. We are told to approach God’s throne “boldly” (see Hebrews 4:16). Which means aggressively! Don’t be bashful with God. He’s your “Abba”, which means “Daddy”. And you’re His redeemed child, so approach Him with confidence and ask for what you need.
- Speak fearlessly. The apostle Peter writes, “Speak as though God himself were speaking through you” (1 Peter 4:11). In other words, use a commanding, authoritative tone when you resist the forces of evil. “Be strong in the Lord” (Ephesians 6:10).
- Give generously. The level at which you give is the level at which you receive. “Give freely and become more wealthy; be stingy and lose everything. The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed” (Proverbs 11:24-25). No offering is too small, and none too great.
- Work intently. The Bible says whatever you put your hand to, do it with all your heart (see Ecclesiastes 9:10). Don’t approach your tasks with dread and a desire to escape. Stir yourself up in the Holy Spirit and get the job done (see 2 Timothy 1:6).
- Love unconditionally. As a follower of Christ, you must endeavor to love others as He loves them — unconditionally and sacrificially.
Heavenly Father, thank You for the tools and guidance to fight the enemy and to stay grounded in You. In Jesus’ Name, amen.