Sermon Date: June 4, 2023
The paradox of the Triunity of God: 3 in 1; and 1 x 1 x1 = 1; and, 3 persons, not 3 people.
The Action of the Triune God in our lives:
- Matthew 28:19: “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.”
- Luke 3:22: “And the Holy Spirit descended upon Him [Jesus] in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came out of heaven, “You are My [the Father’s] beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased.”
- John 14:26: “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My [Jesus’] name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.”
- John 15:26: “When the Helper comes, whom I [Jesus] will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me . . .”
- Acts 10:38: “You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.”
- Romans 1:4: “Who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord . . .”
- 1 Corinthians 6:11: “Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.”
- 2 Corinthians 13:14: “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all.”
- Galatians 4:6: “Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”
- Ephesians 1:17: “That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him.”
- Ephesians 2:18: “For through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father.”
- Ephesians 2:22: “In whom [Jesus] you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.”
- Hebrews 9:14: “How much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?”
- 1 Peter 1:2: “According to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood: may grace and peace be yours in the fullest measure.”
So now, try the attitude of gratitude. “Give thanks in all circumstances” (1 Thessalonians 5:18). This kind of gratitude comes first from what God the Son has done for us in His story; first of promise of the Redeemer; life of the God the Son in the flesh of humanity; Then, that kind of gratitude spills out of your life in the service of the God the Son. Joy is like a muscle; the more you develop it, the stronger it becomes.
Here are two exercises to help you develop inner joy, peace, purpose and focus in this world; worship regularly, study in depth of the word of God, daily pray, praise, and give thanks!
Let’s bring the focus of the Triune God to the world to change its focus, rather than the other way around.